On December 12th, we hosted our annual staff party! We did it a little early this year – because Miss Beth & Emma were heading to the states to celebrate Christmas with their families. All the staff agreed that it was important for them to be here for this celebration!
Around Thanksgiving Time – each of the staff drew a name. Their job was to do 3 acts of kindness without getting caught. The big Secret Santa Reveal happened at the Christmas Party.
If they correctly guessed who had their name – then they won a prize. If they didn’t guess correctly – then the person who drew their name won! This is always my favorite game we play! It reminds us that Christmas is about the Acts of Kindness we do! It’s not about what we get – but what we give! Listening to the staff explain what they did for each other truly brings great joy to everyone!
We started the night off with a buffet! What’s a party without great food? I love it that we are able to provide a meal that they often aren’t able to afford on their own. Seconds are always encouraged and almost everyone went through the line at least twice! 🙂
We then split the group into 2 teams. There were 10 members on each team AND 10 games to be played! Each group had to send a different member to participate in each of the games…representing their team.
- Jingle Bell Boxes… We had 7 boxes – each with a different quantity of bells in them. You had to put them in order from 1 bell to 40 bells by feeling their weight & listening to each box!
- Blow the Ornament… They were given a straw & an ornament. You had to blow the ornament across the finish line. Whoever does it the fastest wins.
- Jingle Bell Roll…. Roll a jingle bell down a table and knock off the ornaments. Whoever knocks the most off wins.
- Decorate the Tree... We’ve got 2 trees with 8 ornaments each. The first person using one hand to decorate the tree the fastest wins.
- Sling Shot Ball… We’ve got 2 homemade slingshots. You have to shoot the ping-pong ball into the basket first.
- Jingle Trunk… We put 10 ping-pong balls in kleenex boxes strapped to their waist. They had to shake their bottom in order to relase the ping-pong balls. First person to shake them all out wins!
- Sushi Kitchen… We saw this game on Live with Kelly & Ryan! There’s floating Sushi & a timer. You have to use chopsticks in order to collect the most sushi! (Hilarious and recommended game). Whoever collects the most balls wins!
- Chopstick Ornaments… You have to use chopsticks and move ornaments from one bucket to another. Whoever does it the fastest wins.
- Present Delivery… We wrapped a bunch of random boxes. Whoever carries the most presents across the finish line wins. (Any present dropped along the way doesn’t count).
- Bracelet Banaza… We had an example of a bracelet with 8 beads & 3 light bulbs. The first person to create the exact bracelet wins!
Human Christmas Tree…. Each group was given the same supplies and they MUST use all of them! The most creative tree wins!
After we played games – it was time to reveal their SECRET SANTA! We enjoyed the incredible homemade cake while we went around the room – revealing who had each other’s name!
LET’S MAKE A DEAL
We put different amounts of money in little green boxes. (We wanted each staff member to have some funding to make this Christmas EXTRA special for their families!) We put 3 different boxes under 3 small baskets. Each staff member was able to pick – Box #1, #2, or #3. Whatever box they picked…they could keep that number OR choose another box. If they chose another box then that’s what they took home – which could be more or less than their original pick! It was SO MUCH FUN!
At the beginning of the night, we had a big bowl full of little red chocolate balls. The person who guessed closest to the right amount – was able to win a little girl’s bike! Elirose guessed EXACTLY 700 chocolate balls and walked away with the grand prize!
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM OUR MOLE STAFF!
A great time was had by all! I’m so thankful that we were able to come together and fellowship in this way. I’m thankful for how incredibly hard each staff member works! I’m thankful for the way that they put other’s needs in front of their own personal needs. I’m thankful for the way they clapped & cheered each other on! I’m thankful for their dedication AND for the donations that made this night possible!
We aren’t guaranteed tomorrow….and we aren’t guaranteed another Christmas together. On this special night – we all rested in PEACE & were filled with JOY… knowing that we have been blessed with an awesome night to remember….a memory that will last… especially during the difficult seasons!
Categories: Personal Stories