I believe it’s 3am right now! I’m almost afraid to sleep because it’s in the midst of sleeping that I wake up with these horrible headaches! I think it’s that and the fact I slept until 5pm today!
ANYWAYS – I was watching David Letterman tonight with his TOP 10 LIST and I told Jose – I should create one! I actually think I could come up with about 100 of these but I just listed the first 10 that came to me. Here is my best effort considering it’s 3am….
THIS IS MEANT ONLY IN HUMOR – – If I’ve offended anyone – I’m blaming it on the fact that it’s 3 am and I’m on pain killers!!!
TOP 10 WORK-RELATED REASONS JODY IS ON ANTI-STRESS PILLS…….
10) Jose spent 3 hours on the phone trying to explain and help those in Haiti figure out how to fix the internet dish so they can check email and post pictures on the mission website. One of the interns spent from 8pm til 2am just to get those 10 pictures done………ONLY to get hate email from people about how we’ve become lazy and how can we only post a few pictures with such a large group!
9) Sending out the prayer chain list which is automatically generated with a push of a button on the computer…..ONLY to get an email saying I pray at 2am – I thought we were friends.
8) For the first time ever – being organized enough to send out Tortuga Air Lists where they know the order they are in for flying to and from the mission……..ONLY to get an email that says – WHY AM I ON THE 3RD FLIGHT AND NOT THE FIRST ONE?
7)Living in Haiti full-time, being completely up-to-date on what’s being built and what programs the mission is and is no longer doing……ONLY to have return travelers argue with you on the mission tour as if they actually know more then the person who lives there full time!
6) Spending hours of time making lists, important trip information, hotel room rosters, lists of people going to Haiti and emailing them out weeks in advance………..ONLY to get an email two days before they leave asking when will the receive that information and what flight are they on again?
5) Rules and Regulations are set up because of problems the mission has had in the past…..ONLY to have return travelers believe they are an exception to that rule and actually help others break them!
4) A group of 30 decides to fly to Haiti less than one month out. Reluctantly, I book their last minute reservations, their airline ticket prices are high because it’s less than a month, I have to completely re-do all my lists to fit them in……ONLY to get an ugly email that says – I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW EXPENSIVE THIS TRIP IS!
3) Spent several hours booking tickets for a group/person – Trying to keep three things in mind: making sure they landed late enough their bags could be checked to Port-au-Prince but not too late so they sleep well, looking at prices to find the best deal, and making sure they had long enough lay-over times where they don’t have to run to catch their flight. It doesn’t always work that way but I try. I actually meet those three criteria……..ONLY to get a return email saying MY SCHEDULE IS A MESS!
2) Spent months organizing what a group will do in Haiti – sent out schedules more than a month ahead of time and spent hours with emails going back and forth between group leaders……ONLY for them to get to Haiti and say I never said my group wanted to do this – what’s this schedule about!
1) Getting emails from travelers who just went to Haiti who tell me this was their best trip ever….ONLY for me to have to email back telling them that their behavior in Haiti was inappropriate enough that they are now on our NO FLY LIST….meaning that was their last trip with the mission!
The funny thing is – you laugh about it – but you’re probably one of the repeat offenders on my list above! It’s okay though – I still love ya! 🙂
If I can’t sleep tonight…maybe I”ll create one about our family!