I LOVE going to the KY State Fair! We try to go every year if we can. My parents used to take me when I was little. I remember being in the 4th or 5th grade and dressing up like a HOBO and singing Step Into The Sunshine on one of the stages! There’s a picture at the bottom of Rosie in a sun costume. One of my friends dressed up as the sun. Got 1st place! 🙂
The Ky State Fair has a mix of all my favorite kinds of people! Yet – WE – get more looks and stares at our rainbow-looking family than a one-legged rat. We took the kids today along with my parents and Momma Gigi.
I thought I’d just share with you The Top 10 Highlights Of Our Day….
10. Malaya throws up 3 times before we ever arrive (and we have no plastic bag in the van).
9. We pump the children up about all the animals they’ll see today. But today there are only pigs and sheep. Malaya says, “This is no good. This is just like Haiti. Where are the real animals?”
8. We got the pleasure of pushing 3 double strollers all over the fair grounds and in the process lost two shoes and it’s not a pair! (Gabriel and Asher lost one each).
7. It’s 24.00 per wristband to ride all the rides – but my children are too short for 2/3rds of them. (Twice the price and half the fun).
6. It’s 4.00 per drink and Gabriel dumps the whole thing on himself before we ever get a sip.
5. Mikela gets confused and starts following another lady who is twice my size. She tells me very innocently, “I thought that was you. Just like Asher and Levi. She’s like your twin!”
4. After successfully not “touching” anything in the porta-potty – – I drop my phone on it’s floor! (Yuck)
3. They have free samples of ham in one of the exhibit halls. Rosie is eating it and my dad points to one of the big pigs and tells her she’s eating it’s brother. Rosie spits it out an immediately starts WAILING!
2. Momma Gigi has more men hitting on her than Ali did on the Bachelorette.
1. An elderly lady on her scooter tells me, “It’s really great what you’re doing for them colored kids”.
WHAT A DAY!! AND THE GREAT THING IS – WE GET TO DO IT ALL AGAIN NEXT YEAR!! CANNOT WAIT!