10) Because you can. You’ve seen the commercials – “For just a cup of coffee a day – you could help save a child”. The funny thing is – it’s true. The cups of coffee, trips to the movies, and money spent on food that wasn’t really that satisfying anyways……..Just by giving up small things- – – you could find the “change” to send hope to someone across the world.
9) Because if you don’t – who will? Someone asked me how could Haiti be so close to the United States and yet be in such dire need? How is it that we can spend millions on countries far away (where we have an invested interest in their oil) but Haiti is still this bad? If you’re reading this blog – then you have an invested interest – so if you (with the invested interest) doesn’t give – then tell me – who will?
8)Because there are new Christians all over the northwest trying to make sense of what has happened to their country. Because as their brothers and sisters in Christ – we can bring encouragement – regardless how small. Because we can help remind them that their new God has not forsaken them.
7) Because we can’t do it without you. The need is so great – the stories are too much – the tears flow too easily – and we just can’t help them all……but YOU could allow us to help some.
6) Because despite all their losses – they continue to care more about those who come to serve then their own daily bread.
5) Because bodies baked in mud continue to be pulled out of the ground, homes continue to be left in ruins, and mothers have no place to lay their babies.
4) Because our employees came to check on the children who live in the mission during the hurricane because they worried that they might be afraid. Because our Security Guard – Moulein – was more worried about providing security to the mission – that he was not home to protect his house from the destruction of the storm and it now stands in ruins. Because some would give all they had to help and protect this mission.
3) Because they’re so hungry and so desperate for help – and food stations are so scarce- those that are at the front of the line are crushed into the barbwire fences – trampled on – and some never rise again.
2) Because if they had it – they would give to you. Tell me when have you visited a home in Haiti and you saw what small food they had – was it not offered to you? Did they not give you their best chair to sit in? Did they not offer you a cup of water? Did they not thank you over and over again just for acknowledging them that day?
1) Because that’s what Jesus has asked for us to do: Matthew 25
I was hungry and you fed me,
I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,
I was homeless and you gave me a room,
I was shivering and you gave me clothes,
I was sick and you stopped to visit,
I was in prison and you came to me.’
‘I’m telling the solemn truth: Whenever you failed to do one of these things to someone who was being overlooked or ignored, that was me – you failed to do it to me.
One thought on “Top 10 Reasons You Should Give…….”
What size of bags of rice and beans do you prefer? Do you want large bags (#50) and ziplock bags or do you prefer small size bags?
We hope to have at least one full container on its way to you in October!
Praying for you!